There is a term that I need to share and get it out there more: Roman Showers. Roman showers are the other end of golden showers…though technically the two could be combined in a golden roman shower…but I will elaborate on that later. Roman showers refers to the act of vomiting on another person. (Usually for some form of sexual pleasure.)
What can I say about roman showers? First off, don’t judge…maybe it’s hot to get someone’s tummy juice all over your face. Actually, I did a post earlier on Vomerophilia which is the arrousal from seeing someone vomit…but Roman Showers seems like a more fun to ask someone… “Are you into Roman Showers?” — and I have to wonder, what percentage of the population is into this?
I will ask my wise Uncle Google. And the official results are…none. I couldn’t any percentages because it’s a bit weird, no? Under researched for sure.
Some research of note on the topic:
Stoller, R.J. (1982). Erotic Vomiting”, Archives of Sexual Behavior 11: 361-365 (1982).
Aggrawal, Anil (2009). Forensic and Medico-legal Aspects of Sexual Crimes and Unususal Sexual Practices. Boca Raton: CRC Press.
Apparently, most people that have this fetish are female and it is apparently somewhat common among girls with Bulimia Nervosa –as the guy forcing her to puke takes all the guilt away. Some examples:
- A woman that didn’t actually vomit herself but claimed she could reach orgasm “by imagining someone vomiting in a hard, humiliating fashion”.
- A woman who experienced an orgasm every time she vomited.
- A woman said that “vomiting for me is like an orgasm in that I’m tensed, I feel the intense flood of good feelings almost continually throughout the vomiting and experience relief and quiet warmth in my body when I’m finished. It is not identical to an orgasm. I do not feel it intensely in my genitals alone, but I do feel it there as well as the rest of my body and in my mouth”.
- A woman who puked when she was 6 years old while her grandmother rubbed her back and her knee inadvertently stimulated her clitoris — linking the sensations
- A woman who was 11 years old when she was caught masturbating by her father and then he sexually abused her. The young girl came during the encounter and was so disgusted afterwards that she puked…and the sensations were forever linked in her mind.
The term Roman Showers comes from the alleged practice of the Romans having a vomitoriums to puke up the contents of full stomachs so that they could eat more in an orgy of food. However, Cecil Adams of The Straight Dope (I love this guy’s writings, btw) explains that vomitoriums were actually passageways in the amphitheaters designed to quickly eject patrons out into the streets. So much for the hedonism of Romans…but the name still stuck.
Roman Showers is definitely easier to remember than Emetophilia (being sexually aroused by vomiting or observing others vomit) and this vomit fetish name quickly brings to mind ‘Golden Showers’ which is the act of peeing on someone for sexual pleasure. Some are aroused by the spasm and ejaculation followed by relief of vomiting. Others get off on seeing and hearing someone vomit. I suppose it is possible to be turned on by the smell…but that is one hell of an acquired taste. :/
|Max Hardcore with some sloppy, slimy sex|
Roman Showers are now associated with deep throating and gagging…especially in extreme porn such as the porn genre created by Max Hardcore with his shock and humiliation. However, I believe Roman Showers are most common in the BDSM community as an act of dominance and submission.
- tooth decay and cavities
- red eyes from broken blood vessels
- rotten gums
- erosion of the esophagus
- sores in the mouth
- vomit is not sterile like urine (contains gut bacteria)
- electrolyte imbalances
- changing the pH of the vagina (if you puke there) with associated yeast infections, irritation, inflammation and increased risk of STIs.